Ah... Venice...

 

or: looking at the world like a landlocked animal with the eyes of a fish.

Over the last years, when on vacation I've made it a habit of only bringing my camera if I have at least a rough idea of what my main subjects are going to be, what (unusual) techniques I intend to apply and what I am going to do with the final results. After all, carrying heavy equipment is not exactly the fun part of photography. What is more, the people accompanying you need to have a lot of patience as they repeatedly have to wait for someone taking pictures.

When, in mid-2016, my wife and I decided to spend some days in Venice, Italy, I felt like this was a good place for experimentation with an ultra wide-angle lens called "fish-eye". I had to borrow one for the occasion. Later; i would publish the best results on social media (I did e.g. here).

I don't mind lying on my back in the middle of the street or putting myself into some other akward position for a good shot (something any committed photographer is willing to do anyway). But in this case there was no need for acrobatics since the camera was mounted on a tripod with the lens looking up.

My wife not only agreed to being the "main subject" of some photos, as this one; she also passed the test of patience with excellence.  

 See more of my works on www.robertmarcusklump.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The future has finally materialized...

Freedom

The Imaginary Opponent