Freedom

Photographer Elliott Erwitt once said that "success is freedom to do what you feel like doing at the moment". I still remember my first day at school and the unpleasant realization at the tender age of six that, from now on and until retirement I was most likely going to have to spend too many hours each day doing things I was not particularly interested in...  

I agree with Elliott's definition of success, that it is not primarily about financial wealth, social status or popularity, even though all of these might help.

And it is also not about laziness.  Life is more fun if you have something to do. Better even, if doing that certain something makes you happy.  And I congratulate you if doing that certain something also makes you enough money for a good life (without ripping anyone off)!  Or to quote Sir Richard Branson: “There is no greater thing you can do with your life and your work than follow your passions – in a way that serves the world and you.”

"Free"
 (See more of my works on www.robertmarcusklump.com)

Comments

Popular Posts