The Imaginary Opponent

...or how a Chris de Burgh album cover helped me come up with the idea for a self-portrait

Despite my fascination with conceptual photography as well as the art of compositing images, I rarely create such myself. In 2020 however, I had the idea for a picture in which I would be playing chess against myself. The inspiration probably came from the surrealistic cover of Chris de Burgh's "Best Moves" album, a stylized 'double portrait' of CdB that has always been a favourite of mine. It took me a while to figure out how to get the "opponent" version of myself reach his hand out of that mirror. Looking at this self-portrait today, I can' t really interpret my facial expression, but I like the overall result. What do you think? 

 See more of my works on my website www.robertmarcusklump.com

Comments

Popular Posts